Hello! My name is Angie Doxford and I am the Family Support Worker for the trust. I work alongside Jayne Amiss who carries out Nurture sessions with the children and is also a Teaching Assistant.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
I can meet with you in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
Please call the school office on 01827 215333 to make an appointment or pop in and I will be happy to see you as soon as I can.
I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services & Support
Financial Support for Families Facing Financial Hardship
Staffordshire County Council are offering financial support to residents through Winter 2021-22 by giving out:
- Vouchers for food and essential supplies
- Vouchers to heat your home (through your gas and electric supplier). As well as free emergency heating appliances.
Please note: If you want to apply for help with food and essential items and home heating, you must complete an application form for each.
Early Help Team
Based in Tamworth - they work with children, young people and families to prevent difficulties becoming worse - for example, parenting support, behaviour management, financial difficulties, housing support.
Malachi Support Service
they work with children and young people with difficulties around their emotions and behaviour, as well as families who are experiencing difficulties at home with parenting needs, mental health, employment, financial difficulties, housing support etc.
Food Bank Support
Manna House, Glascote opening times Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri 12.30pm - 3.00pm / St Andrews Church, Leyfields opening times Thurs 11.00am - 1.00pm.
Struggling with mortgage / loans / credit cards etc repayments because of Coronavirus - Speak to your Lender and ask about Payment Holidays or tailored support. You have until 31st March 2021 to apply.
Community Together CIC
Support for access to food, struggling to collect medication, befriending and check in calls, unemployment support, debt and finance support, home energy - Tamworth Telephone Support Line 01827 59646.
A benefits calculator which can be used by anyone who falls into the following categories:
- Anyone who is worried about their financial situation and don’t know if they are entitled to any benefits.
- Families who aren’t sure what benefits they are entitled to
- Older people who may not have thought they could access any benefits
- Those whose furlough is ending
- Those who may be facing redundancy
- Those made redundant or unemployed
Wilnecote Junior and Heathfields Infant Academy are offering to distribute good quality, clean recycled clothes, and accessories for children aged 0-11 years. We have the following items available to be collected. The items have been sorted, cleaned and isolated; they are bagged in aged groups for collection. We have a range of boy and girls' clothes aged 0-11years. We also have a selection of baby items including new bottles, blankets, bibs etc. If you would like any of these items, please email email@example.com so we can arrange a collection time for you.
Home Start Thursday Family Group
Home-Start Tamworth is a local charity which supports ordinary parents in and around Tamworth, Staffordshire, who are going through challenging times.
Home-Start understands that being a parent, whatever your situation, can be very difficult, especially when children are young. Many parents feel exhausted and overwhelmed by the stresses of family life.